[HacktionLab] Facebook and making information available

m3shrom m3shrom at riseup.net
Fri Feb 11 19:17:35 GMT 2011

On 11/02/2011 18:42, penguin wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone help me with my ickle dilemma? I've noticed loads of people
> promote events with a link to Faceshit. E.g. see this event on Oxford
> Indymedia:
> http://ox4.org/~oimc/cal/event.php?id=262
>
> My dilemmas are thus:
> 1. Is there a way I or others can see the details without having a
> Facewank account?
> 2. Has anybody experience of an effective way to encourage people not to
> use Facetit? Or am I just being an Cnut arguing against the tide?

I'd value any feedback people have on the open web book that I
contributed to recently when it comes to this aspect.

http://openweb.flossmanuals.net/

assumes an increasingly commanding role as the technology of global
commerce and communication, the World Wide Web from its very inception
was designed to be a free and open medium through which human knowledge
is created, accessed and exchanged. But, that Web is in danger of coming
to a close. This book shows what is happening and how you can play an
important role in keeping the web open.