[HacktionLab] diaspora: now on mysql!

yossarian@aktivix.org yossarian at aktivix.org
Fri Feb 11 21:47:11 GMT 2011

I've got a test install on my netbook. To be honest, I am trying really hard to like it but somehow it doesn't thrill me too much. At the same time, I've been wondering whether it's just that I am not really using it for anything, so I am thinking of setting up an install on the sheeva to maybe share photos with friends and family and see how that goes.  I will report back if it suddenly becomes amazing :).

Basically it is sorta like a primitive self hosted Facebook at the moment - without the several hundred million users which makes Facebook what it is.  However, I do actually like the idea that I can make my own network and control my data, so I will keep at it.

Once I have it running I can invite people onto it for a test run, just let me know if you are interested,

Yossarian