[HacktionLab] updated pages for tech tools leaflet online

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Fri Jan 7 13:15:42 GMT 2011

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 12:55:24PM +0000, planet-mail at aktivix.org wrote:

> see below:
>
>> "Pete and some friends were successfully sharing news about a
>> demonstration using #hashtags on twitter. When they tried to repeat
>> this the next day, they found that their accounts had been suspended,
>> and had lost access to their friend/follower lists and older tweets.
>

> afaik this happens way less than with fcukbook and i'm struggling to
> think of any uk examples of this happening - u got any?
>
> So using it as the main intro reason why someone would want to use
> statusnet as opposed to twitter is a bit misleading (?) / people might
> think well i've never heard of that happening.

https://indy.im/notice/23586
https://indy.im/notice/23595

Though I've  not corroborated those posts, it's on twitter it _must_ be true.

> Using statusnet to annonymously update a twitter /fb account is one very
> cool feature which i think is a more attractive sell - esp for people who
> are responsible for campaign group accounts.

OK... can add a paragraph about that.  ( If I could log in! )

Alan Dawson

--
GPG key: http://aland.burngreave.net/files/e81a4bba.gpg.pub.asc
Key Transition: http://aland.burngreave.net/files/keytransition.txt.asc