[HacktionLab] updated pages for tech tools leaflet online

planet-mail at aktivix.org planet-mail at aktivix.org
Fri Jan 7 12:55:24 GMT 2011

see below:

Quoting "Alan Dawson" <aland at burngreave.net>:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 04:43:02PM +0000, m3shrom wrote:
>> http://www.booki.cc/tech-tools-for-activists/_full/
>>
>> I've updated the manual to add status.net and anonymous blogging.
>>
>> I would be great if you guys could check it out and add to it.
>
> Thanks for that...  I'd rewrite the statusnet bit more like this.
>
> "Pete and some friends were successfully sharing news about a
> demonstration using #hashtags on twitter. When they tried to repeat
> this the next day, they found that their accounts had been
> suspended, and had lost access to their friend/follower lists and
> older tweets.

afaik this happens way less than with fcukbook and i'm struggling to
think of any uk examples of this happening - u got any?

So using it as the main intro reason why someone would want to use
statusnet as opposed to twitter is a bit misleading (?) / people might
think well i've never heard of that happening.

Using statusnet to annonymously update a twitter /fb account is one
very cool feature which i think is a more attractive sell - esp for
people who are responsible for campaign group accounts.