[HacktionLab] updated pages for tech tools leaflet online

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Sun Jan 9 23:34:28 GMT 2011

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 01:15:42PM +0000, Alan Dawson wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 12:55:24PM +0000, planet-mail at aktivix.org wrote:
> >

> > Using statusnet to annonymously update a twitter /fb account is one very
> > cool feature which i think is a more attractive sell - esp for people who
> > are responsible for campaign group accounts.
>
> OK... can add a paragraph about that.  ( If I could log in! )

I cannot log in, get a useable password reset, or create another account on booki

but if somebody could add this, subject to review of course.

"Using indy.im allows you to anonymously update your twitter and facebook statuses.

* Your connection to indy.im is encrypted.  This is true if you are using the web client or a mobile phone. This means your network provider cannot see the content of your updates.

* Twitter or Facebook will just see the IP address of indy.im

* indy.im _does_ not log IP addresses. It cannot tell where an update is coming from.

indy.im also can use the imc.li link shortener.  This also does not log IP addresses, so the people who follow you and click through to you links will not be able to be tracked by the bit.ly or tinyurl.org ( for example )."

Thanks

Alan Dawson
--
GPG key: http://aland.burngreave.net/files/e81a4bba.gpg.pub.asc