[HacktionLab] PROPOSAL: Re: general proposal to network x

Garcon du Monde gdm at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Jan 12 12:34:41 GMT 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:51:14AM +0000, startx wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 23:38:00 +0000
> mark <mark at aktivix.org> wrote:
> > I used to be an admin of that site and I know that it can, and
> > frequently does, record IPs and user_agent strings.
>
> right. i am normally not known as somebody who jumps in to defend
> indymedia.org.uk, however, what are you spreading here is FUD
> ( and that is where i file it under), unless you know something nobody
> here is aware of ( and afaik there are quite a few ex-imc uk admins on
> this list).

Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

i agree 100% with startx.

i consider the actions of mark here to be as bad as if not worse than
those of pc mark kennedy (in fact, maybe we have just unmasked the other
undercover?).

from joining or posting for a period of 6 months minimum.

DEADLINE: 48 hours (i.e. this time on friday)

> > I'm intending to go to a meeting on Saturday and talk to people about
> > on-line security. I'm not going to stand there and pretend that
> > publishing on indymedia.org.uk will not result in people's IP and
> > user_agent details being recorded, when I know that to be false.
>
> FUD is not getting better by repeating  it. if this is how you run your
> workshops i won't recommend them.

i am also planning to be at network x on the weekend. i am happy to
discuss any technicalities relating to various indymedia web sites and
hosting, or any aspect of online security in general, with anyone.

solidarity,

	--gdm