[HacktionLab] Book Sprint in Berlin - remote collaborators invited

m3shrom m3shrom at riseup.net
Sun Jan 16 11:31:01 GMT 2011

http://clearerchannel.org/wordpress/blog/2011/01/16/open-web-book-sprint-in-berlin/

Hi there,

I've posted a bit of information about the book sprint on 'open web'. I
really appreciate the links people have sent so far. That's some really
good stuff.

I've posted a bit about how it's going to work as far as I can tell. One
think that is definitely requested is remote collaborators from Monday
night onwards.

If you think you might be interested then please email me. and read on.

-----

I’m currently in Berlin doing a ‘Book Sprint’ on the subject of ‘Open
Web’. I haven’t got a clue what I”m going to write about in fact none of
the participants do. We start with just a title, in this case ‘open web’
and collaboratively plan a structure, ideas, and then get writing.

The only clue so far is this from Stephen from Transmediale festival who
has worked with Adam from Flossmanuals.net to bring us together to do this.

--//
As you may have heard, our first Sprint last year, was highly successful
and has spawned a much wider debate on on the notions of digital
collaboration. The Open Web Book Sprint has even more potential, and
hits on an even more important and currently relevant topic – the Open
Web. Something we refer to a lot, but has no fixed contours. It crafts
our aspirations and delineates that delicate edge between freedom, power
and responsibility that is the privilege of our civil society. This
sprint is about laying the groundwork in an intensive multi-disciplinary
scenario, and use it to create the questions about what the open systems
and forms of community that the Open Web is or could be is about. One of
the leading themes within this year’s transmediale festival RESPONSE :
ABILITY is digital freedom and expression, exploring how these
fundamental elements of our existence are manifested at a time when core
elements of the internet, and our interaction with it are under threat.
http://www.transmediale.de/content/responseability

--//

The same process which happened last year to great effect with the title
‘Collaborative Future’ is documented here.
http://en.flossmanuals.net/CollaborativeFutures/Three

We are going to be planning on Monday 17th of January and after that
opening up to remote collaborators from Monday night. In the meantime
you can register at : http://booki.flossmanuals.net

Note this is a different install from http://booki.cc - so you can
register alan  :)