[HacktionLab] Fwd: [Newmedia] Fwd: Web server/host advice - as discussed

mick fuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Sat Jul 2 19:23:33 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Donnacha DeLong <donnacha.delong at talktalk.net>
Date: Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Subject: [Newmedia] Fwd: Web server/host advice - as discussed
To: New Media list <newmedia at journonet.co.uk>

**
Any suggestions?

D.

-------- Original Message --------  Subject: Web server/host advice - as
discussed  Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 11:42:14 +0100  From: newsphoto
<john.jones at newsphoto.co.uk> <john.jones at newsphoto.co.uk>  To:
donnacha.delong at talktalk.net

Donnacha,

As discussed:-

If anyone on the new media elist can offer suggestions, I'll happily
forward them on to the chap concerned.

In the interim, I've pointed him at a couple of similar blogs, that
also raise hackles elsewhere, and suggested he confer with their owners
over possible hosts.

Many thanks

John

> One of our members who writes a local news blog has run into
> difficulties over the hosting of his website.
>
> Someone whose dodgy motor trade dealings he's exposed, has complained
> to the website hosts, who look set to pull the plug.
>
> Can you recommend a server/host/thingy (whatever is the appropriate
> terminology) that will show a bit more backbone? Maybe somewhere
> abroad, that will be more resistant to pressure in the UK?
>
> Any suggestions welcome.

John Jones
Secretary, NUJ East Yorkshire Branch
Email: john.jones at newsphoto.co.uk
Tel: 01482 632366

--
Clearer Channel Project back on the rails using newish technology
http://clearerchannel.org - video, radio popular education and free software

Also check out the Green Zone project and the Redbricks Housing thing
http://redbricks.org - housing estate, community garden and eco stuff