[HacktionLab] foto and video documentation

Charlie Harvey charlie at newint.org
Wed Jun 1 10:32:58 UTC 2011

On 01/06/11 09:41, Adelayde Skidmore wrote:
> It was in 2003 that I was involved in a Cinelera workshop and since then
> I've on and off tried to use the stuff, but in short, imho open source
> video editing software sux!  /me notes that I've never bothered to
> volunteer to get involved and improve any of it either....

Hi,

I've been able to do videos with kdenlive http://kdenlive.org and
Openshot http://www.openshotvideo.com/ on Linux, without breaking down
in tears (which cinelerra is wont to make you do). Lightworks also open
sourced themselves recently ( http://www.lightworksbeta.com/ ) . That
was the software they used to make the Kings Speech, but its Windoze
only at the moment.

Cheers,

>> As for what the video would be for (just saw Pete's mail), dunno, I'm
>> guessing general documentation of what's happening and maybe having some
>> fun too?
> to ditto what Penguin said, a short video mash up about BarnCamp would
> be excellent (a perhaps even a short video of Penguin being mashed-up at
> Barncamp) - say a 2 minute 'trailer' that we could use to promote it ...
>
> is anyone coming early, like Wednesday, that could take some footage of
> us getting on site initially and getting stuff set up?  that might be
> good to document....
>>
>> Mara
>>
>> p.s. laser tag would be awesome!

- --
Charlie Harvey
IT Manager
New Internationalist

t: +44 (0)1865 811402
f: +44 (0)1865 793152
w: http://www.newint.org/
k: http://is.gd/gpgkey/

** Check out our new, improved online shop: http://tr.im/nishop **

New Internationalist is an independent not-for-profit communications
cooperative. Our multi-award winning magazine, New Internationalist,
brings to life the people, the ideas and the action in the fight for
global justice.

New Internationalist Publications Ltd. is incorporated in England
under no.1005239. Registered Office:
New Internationalist, 55 Rectory Road, Oxford,  OX4 1BW, UK