[HacktionLab] ogg camp -

penguin penguin at riseup.net
Thu Jun 16 23:30:01 UTC 2011

"OggCamp 11 is a two-day technology festival bringing together the most
interesting people from the Linux, Open Source and Hardware Hacking
communities to share their passion and knowledge on all things geeky in
a barcamp-style atmosphere."

And

"There are several hotels and other accommodation options close by and
there even has been talk of taking the name of the event literally and
organising a camping area."

Didn’t I just go to that? And met the most interesting people literally
in a camping field? An learn't  how to distribute this is an open source
distributed manner http://ox4.org/~graham/p.jpg

On a slightly more serious note, I'm finding currently finding it
interesting to think that most conversations I've had within HactionLab
have been around how to get 'political activists' to be a bit more tech
savy, but am now wondering if there's as important a role to get 'tech
activists' a bit more political savy.

Just thinking allowed.

Cheers

On Fri 17 Jun 2011 00:06:40 BST, m3shrom [m3shrom at riseup.net] emailed
subject: "[HacktionLab] ogg camp -" saying ...

> http://oggcamp.org/
>
> kind of interesting
>
> The Conference
>
> OggCamp 11 is a two-day unconference where technology enthusiasts come
> together to exchange knowledge on a wide range of topics from Linux and
> open source software to building home automation systems. Now in its
> third year, the event is steadily growing and attracting interesting
> speakers from all over the UK, the rest of Europe and even the US. Since
> OggCamp is an unconference, speaking schedules are set on the first day
> and everyone is free to propose a talk themselves. You are of course
> free to come along and just listen to other people's talks but we
> strongly encourage everyone to take part and talk on something they are
> passionate about in technology.
>
> [The Ogg mascot]
>
> Why the name?
>
> To be honest, we just somehow came up with it and it kinda stuck.
> OggCamp was first organised by the combined forces of the Linux Outlaws
> and the Ubuntu UK Podcast as a filler event after the last LugRadio Live
> was decided to be a one-day only event. We named it OggCamp because the
> open source Ogg format is the principal delivery method of both shows.
> The name has since taken on a life of its own with the creation of the
> Ogg mascot during the second year of the conference. Today, OggCamp
> stands for a completely community-based conference organised by and for
> technology geeks.
>
> Now in its third year, the conference is going stronger than ever. With
> OggCamp 11, we are looking to bring you even more speakers, a bigger
> venue and as always a fun-packed weekend including a joint live show of
> both podcasts. There might even be one of our famous raffles again...

- --
penguin

GPG key: http://tiny.cc/gpg-key