[HacktionLab] BGG letter

Adelayde Skidmore adelayde at riseup.net
Fri Jun 17 15:50:35 UTC 2011

>> @BenG could you please give us more details of the amount of power
>> the above kit would need?
>
> 120w for server and switch
> 25w for each client
from past experience, satellite dish + wifi router + switch + load of
clients (between 10 and 20) averages at maximum of 500 watts, that's the
requirements we've always given out in the past, and mostly was
sufficient, on average most systems could handle running of between 4 -
6 hours a day.  we'd need some kind of low power LED projector and 12
volt sound system if we were to do cinema in the evening.

this page on the wiki, which was our scratchpad for the 2008 Climate
Camp at Kingsnorth might be useful:

http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/Camp_for_Climate_Action_2008_Power