[HacktionLab] BGG letter

llanos gorditazz at aktivix.org
Fri Jun 17 16:16:08 UTC 2011

Quoting "Adelayde Skidmore" <adelayde at riseup.net>:

>> Hi
>>
>> I've written the letter to be sent to the Green gathering people and
>> stick it on a wiki so people can modify it if you think it can be
>> improved. I will be sending it this eve if everyone is happy. Please
>> add questions/comments if you think I have missed something important.
>>
>> http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/LetterBGG
>>
>> It might sound a bit formal but I wasn't sure how to approach them
>> really...
>> cheers
> reads great Llanos, I've made one alteration to add that we did the G8
> in 2005 and the No Borders camp.

cool, I have now sent the email. I'll update you as soon as I hear from them.

> news on the satellite dish: it seems I can get it online again, I have
> the modem and ODU (the laser gun bit) down in Weston and the dish and
> stand are (funnily enough) actually stashed in the barn at Highbury
> Farm!  I am still finding out the exact details about getting it up and
> running again, and what the cost might be...
>
> we could in theory offer a mobile upload hub for people in and around
> our space and therefore charge, either punters or the organisers....

I suppose if we charge the users we'd have to pay something to the
organizers as we'll be making money? I'll raise the point with them
when they get back to see what they prefer.

I also had a chat with Jjj who is planning on getting involved with
this, he's happy to lend us the big tend we had at barncamp 2010. It
might need some repairs, he's going to check it this weekend.

There's an irc chat on irc.psand.net - #bc we used for the
organization of barncamp so that'd be a good place to communicate to
get this one done.

cheers
Llanos