[HacktionLab] Research into web resources for activists

Andy andy at dogtanian.org.uk
Mon May 30 15:50:22 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone

I'm not sure if you have seen this document but I've been asked by peace
news to conduct a report on the current set of resources available to
activists on the internet. I have a deadline of the end of June so I
need to get talking to people ASAP

I would like to speak to as many people as possible from different
projects to do a nice thorough job for them.

Basically they have received funding to set up a set of resources and
they don't want to be re-inventing the wheel or stepping on anyones toes
and want to work with people to make this happen.

It could be that they would simply publicise some of the things you are
already doing, they may bung you some cash for a bit of R&D to add bits
to your existing projects. It could be that they would like a Peace News
skin on what you are working on anyway. Who knows...

If you would like to talk to be about what you are doing in the field
then please do get in touch. I may try and come down to HactionLab but
I'm working in Yorkshire (on a 23 mile walk) until late on Saturday
evening and coming down on Saturday night to interview a load of
hungover people anxious to get home doesn't sound too productive.
However, if you would like to meet me and arrange a time on the Sunday
then I will come down. Otherwise we could meet in a chat room or on
Skype or something.

Your help would be very much appreciated

Andy Godfrey

Some Credentials
I am a former member of Cornerstone Housing Co-op and a Founding member
of Footprint Workers Co-op. I think I've been asked to do the research
as I am a bit technically minded so have a bit of a handle on the jargon
but am not actually involved in any techi-activism projects.