[HacktionLab] foto and video documentation

mara mara at aktivix.org
Tue May 31 19:43:31 UTC 2011

Hiya,

thanks for the quick feedback.

On 31/05/11 20:30, penguin wrote:

> # If anybody's photo was taken by mistake, he would very securely delete
> it. That seemed to work well. Can you do the same (esp. the secure
> delete) for video.

Um, nope, not sure about the secure deletion. Not a general camera
feature ;) Deleting in general is not a problem.

>> Let me know if anyone has any ideas, I'm up for bringing equipment and
>> doing some filming (and potentially editing, depending on how much and
>> how soon that would need to happen).
>
> I normally reckon the quicker the better - even taking some shots
> earlier on in the weekend, and editing them on Sunday as a bit of a
> workshop / let people see what your doing?

I'm not sure about the editing bit. For one thing, I have yet to find an
open source program that actually allows me to spend more time editing
than trouble shooting, so I've been sucked into using Macs. And the
other issue would be a lack editing machine (my netbook would probably
break up with me should I try to edit on it.) If people would be
interested in something like Final Cut, I could see if I can find a
computer, but I'm not sure whether it would really fit with the spirit
of things? Maybe someone else has been more successful using open source
software and wants to do some editing bit? I'd love to find something
that works reliably!

As for what the video would be for (just saw Pete's mail), dunno, I'm
guessing general documentation of what's happening and maybe having some
fun too?

Mara

p.s. laser tag would be awesome!