[HacktionLab] HacktionLab Digest, Vol 42, Issue 3

johnc johnc at aktivix.org
Tue Oct 4 21:17:32 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'd like to reply briefly to Mick's comments below. I believe Alan
provided what I thought was not just a political but a very pragmatic
response to using closed source and proprietary  tools to protect our
privacy and anonymity. How do you evaluate these tools/services in any
meaningful way? We don't have access to source code. We don't run the
servers for these services. We don't hand off trust to gmail or hotmail
for these reasons alone. We are now quite frankly spoilt for choice with
a range of free software tools/platforms ran by activists within our web
of trust why go elsewhere?

Solidarity,
John

On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 12:00 +0000, hacktionlab-request at lists.aktivix.org