[HacktionLab] Leaflet V2 progress

m3shrom m3shrom at riseup.net
Tue Sep 20 10:54:44 UTC 2011

> booki
> -----
> I must say that booki is doing my head in.

Did you read the manual yet?
http://flossmanuals.net/Booki-User-Guide/

> * The revision control is none existent in any meaningful way, and fixes
> for that aren't trivial. (versions consist of one page with link to 1.0
> - which results in 404 error when clicked)

OK - This is known is in the trac -
There is a work around which is better in this case.

I've imported the book into here
http://booki.flossmanuals.net/tech-tools-for-activists-2/_edit/

Let's work on this version - you'll need to create a new account which
should only take 1 min.

This version is on flossmanuals which is more stable anyway. Booki.cc is
the bleeding edge version.

> * Revisions appear when nothing has been changed - I think just when
> documents have been saved without editing - perhaps even just "edited"
> and not saved.

Tick the 'minor revisions - dont' notify box' by the save button of the
editor.

> I'm really not sure about using this software, it gives me the fear.

I"m here to hold hands, it'll be ok!

I think it served is pretty well last time and can get better and
better. Let's embrace it and interact with the community to achieve what
we need from it.

I can answer these question now. But in future, try asking these
questions in irc, or on the mailing list.

server : freenode.net
channel :#flossmanuals