[HacktionLab] Booki, Sucki, Moani, Moani.

Ben Green ben at bristolwireless.net
Tue Sep 20 12:51:44 UTC 2011

Quoting m3shrom <m3shrom at riseup.net>:

>>> Some more details on using CSS to export here.
>>> http://en.flossmanuals.net/Booki-User-Guide/ch013_book-design-with-css/
>>
>> I'll add all that to the wiki page too. Remember that you said you'd
>> have look at the CSS.
>
> I followed the instructions on that page and it created this.
>
> http://objavi.booki.cc/books/techtoolsforactivists2-en-2011.09.20-11.19.22.pdf
>
> At the gathering we agreed to use booki to collaborate and then output
> it to work on it in Scribus.
>
> So a feature request would be to output in Scribus format if possible or
> at least something that would open up in there looking good.

I think you missed my point of the Booki -> Scribus interaction. If I
can export to .odt or XML, I can get Scribus to consistently import
the styles into an existing - fully styled and layed out document.
I'll be writing up this procedure on to the wiki. The basic point is
to be importing structured content created in Booki into a an already
styled document in Scribus.

My thinking is this:
Booki - good for collaborative editing
Scribus - good for layout of printed materials

I don't think CSS is good for layout of printed materials. Having said
that, it would be good to have an auto-print facility of the cutting
edge document which is of higher quality than that currently offered
by Booki.

As I've said, I'll be documenting this proposed workflow very soon.

Cheers,
==
 From Ben Green