[HacktionLab] Booki, Sucki, Moani, Moani.

Charlie Harvey charlie at newint.org
Tue Sep 20 15:16:58 UTC 2011

- -----------------8<---------------
> I think you missed my point of the Booki -> Scribus interaction. If I
> can export to .odt or XML, I can get Scribus to consistently import the
> styles into an existing - fully styled and layed out document. I'll be
> writing up this procedure on to the wiki. The basic point is to be
> importing structured content created in Booki into a an already styled
> document in Scribus.
>
> My thinking is this:
> Booki - good for collaborative editing
> Scribus - good for layout of printed materials

Hi,

http://etherpad.org/ is good for collaborative editing and /already/
exports ODT or (x)html (the revision control also works). There are
various instances eg. at http://typewith.me/ or http://piratepad.net/ or
you can run yer own. How about moving to that for v2.0?

Cheers,

- --
Charlie Harvey
IT Manager
New Internationalist

t: +44 (0)1865 811402
f: +44 (0)1865 793152
w: http://www.newint.org/
k: http://bit.ly/gpgkey/

** We offer a range of design, production, editorial, publishing and
mail order services. See http://nin.tl/hire-ni **

New Internationalist is an independent not-for-profit communications
cooperative. Our multi-award winning magazine, New Internationalist,
brings to life the people, the ideas and the action in the fight for
global justice.

New Internationalist Publications Ltd. is incorporated in England
under no.1005239. Registered Office:
New Internationalist, 55 Rectory Road, Oxford,  OX4 1BW, UK