[HacktionLab] Whats in a name - 'hacktionlab' Re: banner/poster/flyer/logo for Spring 2012

penguin penguin at riseup.net
Sun Apr 8 12:23:12 UTC 2012

Hi

I'm not precious either way. And would defo stand aside from having
drawn out discussions about the name.

That said, I think 'hack' has, for a long time, had a 'popular'
understanding of cracking when used in computer terms. However, people
within the 'computer scene' still have a broader understanding of the
DIY spirit of enquiry (e.g. hack-spaces are as likely to be formed of
electronics or safe cracking bods as they are coding bods). I guess it
might come down to who HacktionLab is trying to appeal to.

Cheers

On Fri 06 Apr 2012 13:56:27 BST, Mick Fuzz [mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org]
emailed subject: "Re: [HacktionLab] banner/poster/flyer/logo for Spring
2012" saying ...