[HacktionLab] Electronic sealed envelope system?

Brent thebrentc at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 21:52:19 UTC 2012

Season's greetings,

There was discussion a while back about a sealed envelope type system,
thanks again for comments. Canaries were mentioned but I built 'Parrots'-
so:

Sleeping parrots have secrets, a user enters their email address, system
checks which parrots they've got access to, they choose parrot, parrot then
emails them its secret, but also emails all other users linked to that
parrot that its been woken up. Secrets can be shared.

Ok, not high security, but maybe useful for what it is.

It's partly ended up a project to learn perl and git, so badly written code
at https://github.com/thebrentc/parrot :)
"demo" at http://brentc.net/cgi-bin/parrot/index.shtml (doesn't need/use
real emails for testing).