[HacktionLab] 'hacking the borders' workshop tomorrow in SE london

dan mcquillan dan at internetartizans.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 11:20:17 UTC 2012

apologies for the short notice. people in london might be interested
in this workshop (part of the NoBorders Convergence 2012) - all
welcome!

"This is a workshop on Hacking the Borders. We'll discuss different
ways that digital technology can support freedom of movement and the
struggles against detention & deportation. By exploring the untapped
potential of tech and sharing inspiring examples, we aim to generate
innovative ideas that can be prototyped after the convergence. The
workshop is inspired by hacking, which is 'creatively overcoming or
circumventing limitations' and 'the reassembling of technology for
unintended purposes'. This is not a workshop aimed at programmers but
at anyone interested in the issues being tackled at the NoBorders
Convergence, and who has a feeling that social media & technology can
help break through some barriers. "

http://london.noborders.org.uk/convergence2012/workshopsandseminars
'Hacking the Borders' workshop  Tuesday 14th 14.30 – 16.30 in RHB 221,
Goldsmiths, University of London, New Cross, London, SE14 6NW

dan