[HacktionLab] Opensource p2p mobile phone network - working niw

Chris Anderson chris at turnfront.com
Mon Feb 13 11:24:36 UTC 2012

In an urban environment, is serval better than running VoIP on a wifi
mesh network? If not, I'm more interested in getting phones to play an
active role in a larger mesh network mostly made up of wifi routers. I
think cities need this anyway, so why not piggy-back on the network to
give greater coverage and range than a network composed purely of
phones. For example, a group of protestors split into smaller groups
would be able to retain communication and use it to try to regroup.

Then encrypting VoIP and trust networks presumably become easier to do.