[HacktionLab] diaspora and friendika section for tech tools?

m3shrom m3shrom at riseup.net
Fri Jan 6 15:28:27 UTC 2012

> While I fully support including these alternatives in the booklet, I
> don't think they are very workable for most people, and wouldn't spend
> too much time on writing something up.

But hey you already did! that was a pretty neat summary of the
'drawbacks' or 'what you can expect not to find yet' section.

Personally, I do find the lack of the ability to add rss feeds a real
problem that friendika does have. Maybe they will patch charlie's hack.

Using friendika as a feed management centre where you can re-dent /
repeat content of your contacts that you like, for me, does achieve the
essentials of social filtering of information from lots of different
sources that facebook achieves for a lot of people. A bit like a
personally configurable Be The Media for everyone. I'd like it if we got
that concept across somehow.

nice one