[HacktionLab] Some ideas for Hacktionlab Jan 2012

Adelayde Skidmore adelayde at riseup.net
Wed Jan 11 18:15:13 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2012 13:30, Lukas Hornby wrote:
> A few more ideas.
>
> Scheduling; The 1in12 has a cafe 12-4 on Saturday so we have a captive
> audience. Maybe we could focus our more beginner friendly workshops
> and discussions around this time. It'll probably be the best
> opportunity to welcome new people into hacktionlab.
I like the idea Lukas, but I don't think we had any begginner friendly
workshops penned in for this hacktionlab, as these ones tend to be
(intentionaly) more technie.

I think perhaps the Network23 stuff would be suitable, as we're not
going to cover tech, just what it does, how it works, and ask for anyone
interested in getting on board.

Ben G and I also did a talk at the Bristol Anarchist Bookfair last year,
that included covering email security, our booklet and barncamp amongst
topics: perhaps we (me and Ben, or any of us hacktionlabbers) could
cover this for the café attendees as a general introduction.

Apart from that perhaps two spaces might be useful so that we don't
technically scare anyone off!

> Social stuff; We'd love to put on raveoke. Mick your excellent MC'ing
> skills would be appreciated here.
+1 Please Mick, otherwise I'll get my guitar out and start doing
accustic Hawkwind numbers again....
> Films, i guess they're inevitable. I have a great linux/unix doc
> called 'revolution OS'
cool.  I'd like to show Catfish, it's about the dangers of meeting
people on Facebook.

> Workshops; How about a Tech graveyard. Take a look at all the old
> computer stuff the 1in12 has and try to resurrect it. iMac lamps has
> been suggested.
+1 thought I'd be happy to have an old imac for my collection....

> oh and I am coming, i guess i need a login to add my name to the wiki.
> I'm sure i'll get around to it.
;)