[HacktionLab] Exciting news from HacktionLab

Adelayde Skidmore adelayde at riseup.net
Mon Jan 23 12:35:08 UTC 2012

Firstly, thanks to Mick yesterday for commanding the keyboard and
managing to put this into typed words, I for one was having difficulty
collecting my brain together!
> We came to the conclusion that we would propose a framework to link
> existing projects in which the people in the following projects are
> involved; aktivix, hacktionlab, network23, indy.im.

I think that that reads slightly like it means only those project,
whereas my understanding is that we listed solely those project because
those were the ones represented during the meeting, so we couldn't speak
for others.

I believe the intention is that the new site proposal at
http://pxr5.hacktivista.net under the new guise of
www.techtoolsforactivism.org should link together all of the facilities
provided by those projects that have been directly involved in
hacktionlab, as well as detail alternatives of those that have not
(Riseup, Sin Dominio and Floss Manuals for example).

What we need now is a way for those of you who did not come, but who are
linked to other projects to okay the idea and input into the relevant
page(s) on the new site.

For example, Catalyst might want to add something on streaming; Bristol
Wireless on providing educational suites and networking; Mute on printed
publishing; Be The Media on open publishing...