[HacktionLab] hacktion lab May 2012 workshop

Sikes sikes at squat.net
Thu May 3 13:29:48 UTC 2012

HAI

In this context, I think the following could be mentioned

Crytography without a personal computer

The thunderbird workshop (as outlined bellow) and alikes require ppl to
store their keyring and alikes on a _local and personal_ device. Although
this is undoubtly the 'proper' way, many ppl do not compute locally but
have their /home on a remote machine somewhere on the web, using different
terminals to access it.

Beside the geek setup (shell account via ssh, everything from there), what
would be the viable ways for ppl without a (relatively) secure personal
computer to be able to use cryptography at all? What are the services as
offered by the community (or even commercially) to achieve such a set up
in a (here again, relatively) trustworthy environement?

kizziz
IAH