[HacktionLab] Electronic sealed envelope system?

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Sun Nov 4 17:23:36 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 04, 2012 at 03:58:59PM +0000, Brent wrote:
> A related idea is the 'deadswitch', where if someone doesn't check in to a
> system regularly it emails a preset message out.

yeah.. I worked on something called "canary" a little while ago.

If I remember properly there were to parts.

1. A canary which would post a gpg signed message every $TIMEINTERVAL
2. A listener, which would read the canary every $TIMEINTERVAL.  If the $TIMEINTERVAL had exipred the canary was declared dead.

Not sure where the code is now.

If I can find it I'll post a link.

Alan Dawson
--
"The introduction of a coordinate system to geometry is an act of violence"