[HacktionLab] We need to talk about Facebook

Gzikskud gzikskud at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 23:33:22 UTC 2012

Hello

trying to drag it back on topic, to me the problem is in two parts;

1. we need to find a way to the message to the kids, the 12 year old's
to think about the platform they use, and why they should consider their
privacy. This will be a long campaign and one that we have to plan for.

2. A platform that works for them, that offers them something that FB
does not, I don't have an answer on what that would be?

My view is the vast majority of FB users will continue to use it along
with other platforms, so we almost have to say we have lost this
generation and concentrate on the next...
lets start with local community based websites target schools/colleges
that they can be involved in the running of their own communities online.

Gzik