[HacktionLab] Shared Planet 2012 10th/11th November

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Mon Oct 22 17:39:58 UTC 2012

Hi All,  I spoke to Alan about having a stall at People &
Planet's Shared Planet a few weeks ago.  For those of you who don't know
it, it's an annual student activist conference and is this yield taking
place in Sheffield.  http://peopleandplanet.org/shared-planet-2012
 I have an application form for a stall, which would cost us £80.
Their workshop spaces are fully booked, but he said that there's a
possibility of open space / parallel sessions on Sunday, so if we get
enough interest on the stall, we might be able to do something.  I was
thinking along the lines of "acitivism in a hostile internet" or
something like that.  I'm up for it, as I used to work for P&P and it
would be good to see all those inspired student faces again, and it's a
good excuse for me to visit the Sheffield massive.  I'm up for
contributing towards the stall fee if HacktionLab's funds won't quite
cover it.  The £80 quid only covers two tickets to the event.  I
don't know whether that means you can't even stand on a stall - I will
check that when we see how many we might be.  Extra tickets are only
£25 and £19 if we book before 31st Oct.  I was thinking of
offering to help for mine, but in second thoughts I think I might just buy
one! ;)  http://peopleandplanet.org/publicphp/event.php?go=258
 Alan has suggested perhaps doing something under the Cryptoparty name.
Personally although I like the name, I'm not in Cryptoparty, and I'd
rather do it under the banner of one of the orgs that I've put my time and
effort into over the last few years, but I'd go with the general
consensous.  Who else is up for it?  Mike.