[HacktionLab] advice on networking video these days

Mick Fuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Mon Sep 24 09:42:47 UTC 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX1oqa_-Szk&noredirect=1

Hi there,

someone has asked me for advice on networking the above video about the
Take the Flour back event / network.

It's a national network so I guess the advice would be -

Put the details, link and a nice looking screen shot up on all the
indymedias

    Bristol/South West <http://bristol.indymedia.org/>
    London <http://london.indymedia.org.uk/>
    Northern England <http://northern-indymedia.org/>
    Nottingham <http://nottingham.indymedia.org.uk/>
    Scotland <http://www.indymediascotland.org/>
    Birmingham <http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/birmingham/>
    Cambridge <http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/cambridge/>
    Liverpool <http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/liverpool/>
    Oxford <http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/oxford/>
    Sheffield <http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/sheffield/>

Then as a social media strategy maybe something like the following.

Get a one page blog on network23.org  - put a bit of details up about
the film, how it was made, and supporting links on the page.

Then get an informal, friendly, social media press release together for
different blogs on the subject. and send it off to similar blogs if you
can get their email asking them to embed your video in their blogs and
to link back to the site.
OR if you can't get their email write a short, friendly comment saying
why there is a link to the blog and suggesting that it would be great if
they posted the video on their blog too.

Obviously there are many more things that can be done but may take longer.

Any other suggestions for some places / networks to promote these kinds
of video?

nice one
Mick