[HacktionLab] Report back from Bristol Anarchist Bookfair talk

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Tue Apr 30 16:17:55 UTC 2013

Hi All,

A quick review of the talk we did at the Bristol Bookfair a week ago on
Saturday.

We were crammed into a wee room and had about 25-30 people come to see,
nearly all of whom took away a TTFA booklet and BarnCamp flyer with them.

We had 60 mins of content, were scheduled from 1pm to 2pm with no
overlaps and had to bring and set up our own projector and speakers as
well as reorganise the room!

We somehow managed it in 63mins and covered the following:

Intro to HacktionLab and TTFA
Schluze Voting
Econsensous
Mutual Credit Schemes and E-currencies
A Whistle-stop Tour of Tor
Oracle's take-over of Sun Microsystems
Network23
BarnCamp

Generally it went well, albeit with a few technical (mainly projector)
issues.

There's links to all the topics covered, the slides and the video from
JohnC's mutual credit bit up at:

https://hacktionlab.org/hacktionlab/index.php/Bristol_Anarchist_Bookfair_2013

The Sun was out and I for one spent most of the rest of the time sitting
on the grass and catching up with friends, so didn't go and see any
other talks or workshops :P

w: http://mbharris.co.uk
t: +44 7811 671 893
0: http://mbharris.co.uk/keys/pgp.html