[HacktionLab] Fraud proof voting - will it work?

Garcon du Monde gdm at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Dec 9 20:58:13 UTC 2013

hi,

On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 07:09:07PM +0000, penguin wrote:
> Through work, I've come across this thing called fraud proof voting -
> it's been developed by some guy with a (seemingly) specific focus on
> Africa. I wondered if any crypto-experts on this list had any views on
> how fraud proof it really is.
>
> Details here
> http://cd3wd.com/SEEV/fpv.htm
>
> Comments on or off list welcome.

it's interesting from a technological perspective, but rather short on
math. i presume it uses some sort of one-time pad? overall, i don't
think the piece is very well argued: there are lots of throwaway
comments not supported by evidence (although that doesn't mean they're
not true...).

solidarity,

	--gdm

--
GPG: 5607 E4BC C6B6 90F4 5EBC  B348 D01B 9D77 912F 963C