[HacktionLab] online organising and collaboration tools for next BarnCamp

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 14:55:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

My input in there from what i remember of the conversation :)

On 14/01/2013 12:56, Mick Fuzz wrote:
> hi there,
>
> I was having a chat with Mike the other day and we thought  that for
> this year's BarnCamp it would be good to have a theme. This will help
> give a shape and focus to the event and make it easier for people who
> haven't come before to have more of an idea of what to expect.
>
> We came up with the idea of - Tools for Online Organising and Collaboration
Indeed.  I thought perhaps we could subtitle it "CollabCamp"?
> This covers some of the well tested tech stuff we do already -
> ie, crabgrass & encrypting email & wikis & IRC
>
> But also opens the door for some of the other projects that are out
> there as part of our wider network including;
>
> Econsensus - http://old.aptivate.org/econsensus
> Lorea -   https://lorea.org/
> Kune - http://kune.ourproject.org/ - http://kune.cc
> Booktype - http://www.sourcefabric.org/en/booktype/
We also spoke of working with Green and Black Cross (GBC) and Seeds for
Change.  We already have Bristol Wireless as a collaborative partner,
and I had thought some folk from the UK Hackspaces movement might be
another place to start.

> This might give a chance to widen the network a bit more by inviting
> folk from Spain to come over and show us how it they are using that
> tech. Or at least to help us to evaluate it.
>
> We don't have a date for the next BarnCamp - but I think Mike is up for
> doing a decider on the date.
Well we do have a date, but it clashes with the G8.  As a wink to the
G8, we thought of moving the event to the weekend before, the 6th-10th.
I've contacted Highbury Farm to check these alternative dates with them,
once they OK it, I suggest we go to the decider.

The existing decider's still up there, so do feel free to vote on that:

https://labs.riseup.net/decider/issue/view/aeseifubairarahghish