[HacktionLab] online organising and collaboration tools for next BarnCamp

Mick Fuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Mon Jan 14 12:56:29 UTC 2013

hi there,

I was having a chat with Mike the other day and we thought  that for
this year's BarnCamp it would be good to have a theme. This will help
give a shape and focus to the event and make it easier for people who
haven't come before to have more of an idea of what to expect.

We came up with the idea of - Tools for Online Organising and Collaboration

This covers some of the well tested tech stuff we do already -
ie, crabgrass & encrypting email & wikis & IRC

But also opens the door for some of the other projects that are out
there as part of our wider network including;

Econsensus - http://old.aptivate.org/econsensus
Lorea -   https://lorea.org/
Kune - http://kune.ourproject.org/ - http://kune.cc
Booktype - http://www.sourcefabric.org/en/booktype/

This might give a chance to widen the network a bit more by inviting
folk from Spain to come over and show us how it they are using that
tech. Or at least to help us to evaluate it.

We don't have a date for the next BarnCamp - but I think Mike is up for
doing a decider on the date.

nice one
Mick