[HacktionLab] Bristol Anarchist bookfair call out

Steve Woods woodsy at bristolwireless.net
Sat Jan 26 09:15:43 UTC 2013

Quoting Mike Harris <mike at mbharris.co.uk>:

> On 22/01/2013 19:51, llanos wrote:
>> Hey
>> Not sure if this has been already mentioned here as I have not been
>> following much. You prob already know but anyway. Bristol anarchist
>> bookfair is looking for people to organise meetings, stalls, talks etc..
>>
>> http://www.bristolanarchistbookfair.org/?p=1959
>>
> Hey Guys (I guess mainly aimed at Llanos, Ben and Woodsy here).
>
> I've taken a look at the info sheet:
>
> http://www.bristolanarchistbookfair.org/?attachment_id=1945
>
> and I've started filling in the proposal form:
>
> http://www.bristolanarchistbookfair.org/?attachment_id=1947
>
> was thinking a similar format to what Ben and I did last time, cover 4
> or 5 topics quickly and then spend the last 5-10 mins introducing
> BarnCamp.  So it's a taster session.
>
> I can think of (proposing that it'd be good to do them, not that I want
> to personally present all this!):
>
> * tools for collaboration: http://kune.es/, crabgrass (grr),
> https://n-1.cc/, booki, econsensous
> * collaboration that creates tools: linux and free software, gimp,
> libreoffice, etc (demo these running on Win and Mac as well as Lin)
> * collaboration about tools for collaboration: TTFA, tactical tech?
>
> What ye reckon?

That all sounds good Mike.

I see we don't have to get the form back until 19/03 at the latest, so
that'll give plenty of time to firm up ideas.

Would some cautionary advice about not using conventional means or
organising/communicating (I'm thinking of Facebook and Skype here as
examples) and using alternatives also be appropriate?

Cheers
-W