[HacktionLab] Video live stream

Jim Dog theinnercityhippy at riseup.net
Mon Jan 28 22:29:45 UTC 2013

Hey

Spent the last 6 months working on the fringes of a project called Hidden Bradford http://www.hiddenbradford.com and we're talking at the moment about how to use something like this within the site. They are applying for some cash to get hold of something similar and use them as part of DocFest if I recall correctly.

It's not the most open source of projects due to the folk who started it off being pretty Twitter/WordPress orientated but the idea is to promote the best bits of Bradford and cast off the misconceptions and cliches (not to mention the views of the far right) and was initially conceived in response to the EDL visit to the city.

I'm interested in seeing how these things work as they could be a good solution for what they're trying to do, and it might help to nudge them towards a more open source approach if a good solution is there.

Something I'm working on at the moment is an augmented reality android/iOS app for the site and was hoping to tie video in to this in an innovative way. Be interesting to see how the two could work together and if it is possible to achieve any level of anonymity through it (like remote AR).

On a vaguely related note: Was thinking of suggesting I do a workshop for BarnCamp on Apache Cordova and rolling out mobile apps based around web technologies (html5, css, JavaScript) in a really simple and fast way. Any thoughts?

JD