[HacktionLab] Private tunnel

Charlie Harvey charlie at newint.org
Wed May 1 08:35:46 UTC 2013

On 01/05/13 08:59, johnc wrote:

> Hi,
>
> aktivix do a openvpn  VPN.
>
> Cheers,
> John

Hi,

If your use case involves heavy torrent traffic, then it may be more
appropriate to use one of the (commercial) services from:

http://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-that-take-your-anonymity-seriously-2013-edition-130302/

BTW I'd avoid using bitcoin if I wanted to pay for things anonymously
http://anonymity-in-bitcoin.blogspot.de/2011/07/bitcoin-is-not-anonymous.html
.

Cheers,

> On 30/04/13 22:31, llanos wrote:
>> Hi
>
>> I recently did a workshop on privacy and security online. Someone
> presented private tunnel.
>
>> https://www.privatetunnel.com/
>

>> It connects your machine to a VPN and so it's safe for browsing and for
> privacy so it looks good. It looks corporate though so I am not sure if
> it's something it can be recommended for activism. Has anyone used it?
> Does anyone have any opinion about it? If it's not to be trusted then
> does anyone know of a non corporate alternative?
>
>> Cheers
>> Llanos

Charlie Harvey
IT Manager
New Internationalist

t: +44 (0)1865 811402
f: +44 (0)1865 793152
w: http://www.newint.org/
k: http://sn.im/gpgkey/

** Check out our new, improved online shop: http://tr.im/nishop **

New Internationalist is an independent not-for-profit communications
cooperative. Our multi-award winning magazine, New Internationalist,
brings to life the people, the ideas and the action in the fight for
global justice.

New Internationalist Publications Ltd. is incorporated in England
under no.1005239. Registered Office:
New Internationalist, 55 Rectory Road, Oxford,  OX4 1BW, UK