[HacktionLab] Barn camp

justsomename at tormail.org justsomename at tormail.org
Wed May 8 20:04:14 UTC 2013

Hi,
I am new to this list, and never been to the camp.
This year, me and possibly a friend want to come along,
We are both very broke, and a lift from London will go a long way,
preferably in time to help setup.

I want to run a workshop on TOR hidden services, I don't really know how
to plan this, I figured I'll just do a tour of a few nice hidden forums
and how to set up a service (it's dead easy).

If he comes, he wants to do something about bitcoin, I don't know exactly
what yet, but I think it goes nicely with tor so we can combine it.

If you get the primary internet through 3G, can someone check that it
allows for TOR traffic, from my experience they often either block TOR or
limit the bandwidth so much so that it becomes unusable.

I wanted to do a general darknets tour, but the only other ones I know are
I2P which is Java based and therefore no longer secure, gnunet which is
still in early development and very insecure, and cjdns/hyperboria which I
haven't played with enough to do a workshop on, so if anyone knows more
and want to join please do.

A few other things, I am hoping to find a crew to experiment with setting
up some wireless mesh in London. I have a stack of flashable routers. I
can bring a couple if those will help.

My goal in the long run is to through contacts try and set one up in Gaza,
which is an ideal environment for this, as they are relaying on Israel for
Internet, have regular power cuts and most importantly, are in a very
dense environment which means less routers. You can also route internet
through Egypt this way.

I have been playing with OpenCV face recognition, and I would quite like
to play with it some more if anyone is up to it let me know and I will
direct them to my source, though it's nothing special and a few days of
reading could get you to where I am at.

If you can give us a lift, please drop me a line.

Thank you.