[HacktionLab] london and things

johnc johnc at aktivix.org
Thu May 23 16:08:46 UTC 2013

I was sort of looking for an excuse to do this ...

http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org/

We could work on it together if you like? I'd love to get the 3G dongle
working as a GSM FXO/FXS as well. We could just program a Linksys ATA up
I have to provide the service initially. We can then completely
over-engineer the thing in other interesting ways :-)

I doubt it would do many channels of g729! By the way that is a patent
encumbered codec. We pay £10 a channel to use it in the place I work!
CELT, SILK and OPUS are free alternatives.

<mailto:johnc at aktivix.org>> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If people want, I can get us a number for free from sipgate. I've got a
> SIP analogue telephone adaptor I could program up for the job. Or, I
> might completely over engineer the solution and put an asterisk server
> on my raspberry pi :-)
>
> Cheers,
> John
>
> On 23/05/13 15:59, bou wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > I'm sorry for this random email answering loads of threads, but I didn't
> > want to spam the list.
>
> > 1. there will be another car coming from London. Please people who want
> > to get on it email me back before the 31st of May. Depending of number
> > of people we'll hire a different size of car, but we've calculated it is
> > cheaper to split hiring and petrol between a few than individually
> > paying for trains and buses (to and from train stations).
>
> > 2. if skype (or similar) still provide phone numbers for free, it would
> > be good if there could be a skype land-line-style number to contact the
> > camp itself.
>
> > 3. we can talk bethemedia and whatever other collective-specific stuff
>
> > 4. I like the proposal for a session to create the programme for the
> > weekend on Friday afternoon
>
> > 5. Will help with the organising of the programme if I arrive early
enough

> > b.

> h grand, a use for a Ras-pi!! But will it do g729 tho??! ;-P
>
> No but seriously, a free landline num is grand, we can host it on our
PBX or wherever is most suitable, with regards a VoiP ATA, our old
Voyager 220s no longer work too well with latest Asterisk, so we'll need
another, we can also get our hands on one if needs be..

**sip:info at bristolwireless.net <mailto:sip%3Ainfo at bristolwireless.net>*