[HacktionLab] hacktionlab this summer

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 07:54:26 UTC 2014

On 28/03/2014 08:45, Mick - Clearerchannel.org wrote:
> So here was the place i was thinking could be interesting.
> But obvious logistical problems of no internet
>
> http://www.yha.org.uk/barn/butterton-camping-barn
> http://www.yha.org.uk/barn/butterton-b-camping-barn
> And there is a cheap campsite within walking distance
> and this is nearby if we did need a strong internet connection
> http://www.manifoldcraftbarn.co.uk/
>
> I'm talking myself out of this as it's good for raveoke but not ideal
> for a tech gathering cos you really need broadband right?
>
> Mike's got an idea too. Do you want to share?
Hi Mick et al,

Yes.  So my idea is based around doing a HacktionLab in Oxford.  We're
organising a priliminary get together over the next couple of weeks to
discuss what we think we can do.  By a HacktionLab I mean something more
lightweight to run that a BarnCamp, in an urban location, so there
wouldn't necessarily be full food provided....

Also, it did occur to me that a Network23 gathering would be
interesting.  By this I mean a gathering of people who have a site on
Network23 not just a meeting of techs.  These are possibly/probably two
different events, but perhaps not...

Mike.