[HacktionLab] "Stakes are High: Essays on Brazil and the Future of the Global Internet"

Center for Global Communication Studies cgcs at asc.upenn.edu
Tue Apr 22 18:56:21 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm writing to request the following announcement be included in your listserv. Please let me know if I can answer any further questions.

Best

Alexandra Esenler
Media Policy Fellow
Center for Global Communication Studies
Annenberg School for Communication
University of Pennsylvania

Stakes are High: Essays on Brazil and the Future of the Global Internet

The Internet Policy Observatory (http://globalnetpolicy.org/), a program at the Center for Global Communication Studies, the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania is pleased to announce the publication of The Stakes are High: Essays on Brazil and the Future of the Global Internet, a workbook that seeks to provide some background to the Global Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance (NETmundial) scheduled for April 23rd and 24th 2014 in São Paulo, Brazil. It is designed to help outline the internet policy issues that are at stake and will be discussed at NETmundial, as well as background on internet policy in Brazil. The workbook includes essays on the history of the NETmundial meeting and the Marco Civil process in Brazil; some background on the environment in Germany—with particular attention to the link between the meeting and the Snowden case; questions of legitimacy surrounding open processes for lawmaking; and comments on the material presented to the organizing committee by official and unofficial commenters.

http://globalnetpolicy.org/research/stakes-are-high-essays-on-brazil-and-the-future-of-the-global-internet/