[HacktionLab] Fwd: [FM Discuss] TECH TOOLS FOR ACTIVISTS_RU

Mick Clearerchannel mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Sun Aug 17 10:17:56 UTC 2014

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[FM Discuss] TECH TOOLS FOR ACTIVISTS_RU
Date: 	Sun, 17 Aug 2014 13:44:13 +0400
From: 	Vitaliy Grishenko <vitolink at gmail.com>

Hi everybody,

I am translating "TECH TOOLS FOR ACTIVISTS" guide into Russian now and I was wondering whether it is possible to get graphics of the guide in the raw/editable format, e.g. as svg files. This would be very useful to speed up the localisation process and improve the output quality of the images.

Another issue I would like to point out is the dissemination of information about the newly translated documents via social networks, newsletters etc. Does anybody work on this at flossmanuals? Can I expect the translated manual to be advertised in any way? Can I as a volunteer assist in reaching out larger audience?

I look forward to getting your ideas on this. Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Vitaliy

-------------End----------------

Hi there,
Thanks for input on this Vitaliy.

I'll cc the Hacktionlab list - as Tech tools for Activism is a project
of that network.

Since a recent EC funded project ended this summer, I think there isn't
anyone working for FLOSS Manuals doing publicity for this kind of thing,
so we need to reach out to the wider community to help.

I think there are people there and on this FM list &  there who would be
happy to help with a bit of promotion of your project.
Also we can reach out to Tactical Tech to include it in their mailout &
maybe Internews as well.
Maybe others on this list have suggestions?

We can put a link & and blog post on - http://techtoolsforactivism.org &
flossmanuals.org

I'll try to help as much as I can on the images. But I think most are
screen grabs so may have to be recreated. Which ones in particular do
you need?
An SVG of the "Are you being farmed?" image is attached. I would love to
see a version in Russian.

Also Eleanor may have some editable images of the logos used at
http://techtoolsforactivism.org
 I'm ccing her as well.

nice one
MIck