[HacktionLab] sad news about protag

Mick Fuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Wed Feb 19 08:57:36 UTC 2014

Hi there,

I've got some very sad news about Protag that many of you will know from
Hacktionlab and especially from hosting us at the 1 in 12 in Bradford.

He passed away yesterday from a really fast acting cancer.

He spend his last days in a hospice in Bradford surrounded by family and
friends. There are a lot of very sad people right now. I saw him about a
week ago after getting the email from him below. He still had his sharp
sense of humour as you will see.

I don't really know what else to say, but wanted to let you all know.
Get in touch with me if you want to know when the wake is and I'll pass
it on when I find out from Jim Dog.

yours mick,

/---/

/I am in hospital with widespread cancer of the liver, spleen, spine
etc. These are secondary cancers.//
////
//Until they discover the primary cancer (it's been eluding the experts
for over a week) they can't specify a treatment plan.//
////
//However, from what they've already said... and due to other
complicating factors, almost certainly whatever plan is indicated will
not be suitable in my scenario; and plan B will come into operation.//
////
//Which is to send me home with a McMillan nurse and a lot of painkillers.//
////
//As such I may  only be lucid for a week or two from now.//
////
//I call it the Indignitas Clinic. Not as far away as Switzerland, and
no air travel required.//
////
//Anyhow, that means now is the time to thank you all for the help and
support, and positive vibes, that you've given me, in the various things
we've worked on together./