[HacktionLab] TeamSpeak?

U us2cool at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 11:07:30 UTC 2015

I've been using it for about 10 years. It's designed primarily for gaming
(groups) and it serves the purpose well, with the ability to bind keys for
push to talk to prevent always-on sound etc. Without looking into the tech,
I think it uses a pretty low bitrate (not that you can tell), people
playing online games and can't be wasting their bandwidth on comms.

This said, it's closed source. You can host your own server with less than
32 slots without a license, the not for profit server only relates if you
want 32+. <http://npl.teamspeakusa.com/ts3npl.php>

You can always find empty servers / channels which you can test.

note: also good places to experience the breadth of bigotry in gaming