[HacktionLab] Strawberry TARTS - The Adaptable, Recycled Teaching System

Mick Clearerchannel mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Fri Jan 23 21:31:48 UTC 2015

Hi there,

Is anyone up for collaborating on a bit of a project that promotes Free
Software and education on recycled laptops.

I went and did some teaching in school in Sale with Raspberry Pis as
part of my course at Man Met and used these resources which use
Minecraft to teach a bit of coding. It worked really well.

I'm into the idea of doing a bit of a sister project to the Raspberry Pi
Foundation in the form of the Strawberry TARTS Federation. TARTS being
The Adaptable, Recycled Teaching System.

I think the idea would be to promote using cheap / free recycled laptops
with linux on them for educational projects and creating some resources
and fun graphics for people to be able to use.

Does anyone out there fancy collaborating on this?

nice one
Mick