[HacktionLab] Strawberry TARTS - The Adaptable, Recycled Teaching System

Mick Clearerchannel mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Sun Jan 25 11:46:33 UTC 2015

On 23/01/15 21:31, Mick Clearerchannel wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is anyone up for collaborating on a bit of a project that promotes Free
> Software and education on recycled laptops.

I'm looking back through archives and wiki about the issue of low power
computing, green computing, etc.

There's these out there.
http://hacktionlab.org/hacktionlab/index.php/TTFA2:_Green_Computing
http://en.flossmanuals.net/tech-tools-for-activism/green-computing/

Beyond that, I haven't found that much, certainly recently so I wanted
to ask if people have any links or if they have been doing any recent
research on this.

I'm especially interested in trying to put some figures on

* human cost of e-waste
* environmental cost of e-waste
* impact of reuse, recycling initiative.

If people post links I'll put them on the wiki here.
http://hacktionlab.org/hacktionlab/index.php/GreenComputing

nice one
Mick