[HacktionLab] Surveillance conference and hackathon in Cardiff, 18-19 June

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Sun Jun 7 11:42:06 UTC 2015

El 07/06/2015 a les 11:33, Arne ha escrit:
> Hi Mick and all,
>
> it would be great to get information about the conference to Barncamp
> participants and maybe mention it on the Barncamp site. The main
> conference page is this: http://www.dcssproject.net/conference/
>
> Sessions that could be particularly interesting for Barncamp
> participants are
> - Information Security for Journalists and Activists, 18 June, 11:30-1
> - Creating Usable and Secure Software, 18 June, 2-3:30
> - Technology for Secure Communication and Counter-surveillance:
> Lightning Talks, 18 June, 4-5:30
> But there are also lots of other sessions on issues like digital
> rights activism, etc. And there'll be spaces for informal exchange as
> part of the hackathon.
>
> If people are coming for a specific session, they don't have to
> register and pay the fee. But if they stay longer, we'd ask them to
> pay the (reduced) fee because we need the money to pay for lunches,
> coffee breaks, etc.
>
> As for promoting Barncamp at the conference, we can definitely mention
> it at the above sessions and point people to the website. If you have
> a flyer, we can display and distribute it.
^^ Hi Arne, we have some flyers to print out at:

https://hacktionlab.org/hacktionlab/index.php/File:Barncamp2015.tiff
https://hacktionlab.org/hacktionlab/index.php/File:Barncamp2015.xcf

Or otherwise if you can send me an address (off list) I'll happily print
some for you and send.

> Especially those working on tech projects would probably like to go,
> and we'll inform them beforehand. So far one guy (Meskio from LEAP)
> has told me he's planning to go to Barncamp after the conference and
> has changed his flight back to Spain for that reason.
>
> Best,
> Arne
>

> On 07/06/2015 9:48 AM, Mick Clearerchannel wrote:
>>

>> On 01/06/15 17:54, Arne wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> It would be great to see some of you at the event, at least for the
>>> first day (18 June), before Barncamp starts. It could be an
>>> interesting pre-Barncamp event for some. There are also conference
>>> participants (especially those involved in the hackathon) who are
>>> interested in coming to Barncamp afterwards.
>>
>> Hi Arne,
>>
>> This looks great, I'll be helping to set up so I won't be able to
>> make it. I would imagine there are some people who are coming to
>> Barncamp who would be very interested in this.
>>
>> I think we should be able to include those details in a future email
>> out to people coming.
>>
>> Is there any info that you think it would be good to get to the
>> people attending the conference. Do you think it is worth getting a
>> small flyer together or do you think the online presence gives people
>> enough information already.
>>
>> nice one
>> Mick

w: http://mbharris.co.uk