[HacktionLab] Help us develop online tools for activists

Zylum zylum at peacenews.info
Tue May 19 18:30:10 UTC 2015

Dear Hactivists,
       As you may know, Peace News has been developing a set of tools to
help grass-roots campaigners communicate, organise and win. Many people
urged us to open the source behind https://zylum.org - We can now
announce that the Peace News Ecosystem, the custom CMS behind Zylum is
free software, released under The GNU Affero General Public License. The
Zylum site is running and users can register and use the beta tools,
nonetheless, we need contributions to ensure that we fix bugs and
deliver on the project's potential.

Peace News is currently seeking volunteers to critique the code and
recruiting developers, to work on the project. We invite anyone
interested to download the code from https://github.com/peacenews -
explore it, and try running it on your own web-server.

Do you know anyone who has the skills and passion to contribute to free
software which will serve grass-roots groups, working for radical social
change? Do you have experience managing open source development? Do you
know of any similar projects which might be interested in collaborations?

For a summary of what the Peace News Ecosystem can do, see
https://zylum.org/about

To get involved, email:
admin at zylum.org

If you would appreciate an opportunity to chat: What Zylum can do for
you, as well as what you can do for Zylum will be topics for discussion
at Barncamp. See you there.
https://hacktionlab.org/hacktionlab/index.php/BarnCamp_2015_ideas_scratchpad

Please forward this invitation as appropriate,
In solidarity,
Benjamin and the Zylum team.