[HacktionLab] Liftshare sites

zylum at peacenews.info zylum at peacenews.info
Mon May 11 16:53:21 UTC 2015

Hello,
      Regarding lift-shares to Barncamp. It seems that within our own
community, use of the wiki (as suggested) is probably the way to go.

If anyone would like to try asking for lifts from drivers in the wider
world, the best used site anywhere in the world for lift-shares is
probably still http://www.mitfahrzentrale.de/ They have an English
language section on their site now, but until a significant number of GB
drivers begin using it, there may be little point in asking for lifts
there? The best known British counterpart seems still to be
http://www.liftshare.com/ I have some experience of using it, but that
was nearly 15 years ago. I do not know how the growth of social media
has effected the site's usefulness since then?

Recently a couple of people have recommended
https://www.blablacar.co.uk/ to me. This one is already well established
in France and seems to be gaining momentum now in GB.

I am unsure whether it is possible to set up a pod/group on these sites,
specifically for hactionlabers? You may be able to do it by making your
destination specifically Barncamp, as people often do for big festivals.
If anyone finds a good way of doing this via any of these websites, do
let us all know.
Benjamin.