[HacktionLab] Activist friendly web/tech services

Brent thebrentc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 10:43:10 UTC 2016

Hi

Good to see plans for barncamp, I enjoyed the last; might come again. Bit
busy a the mo, but will look out for jobs.

Hope it's ok if I throw a question out;

There's a couple of groups I know with floundering websites/digital lives.
Is there any such thing as an activist-friendly 'full service' website
provision (and, possibly, email and mailing list)? I.e. the administration
over and above hosting, and cheap, ticking privacy/security boxes? Or
perhaps suitable, established professionals to take on the admin with
current hosting setups. Perhaps a robot that doesn't eat or pay bills :)
 The sites are currently drupal, but I'm thinking towards whatever.

I know it would be ideal to have more user engagement, diy, volunteering
etc., and sure there's room for discussion here- maybe this isn't a good
way to go- but realistically, I'm not seeing the more informal approaches
working out sustainably, here and other smallgroups. So thought I'd ask
around for options or thoughts...

Thanks,
Brent